What is Climate-Controlled Storage
Climate-controlled storage units are kept at safe temperatures to protect your belongings from extreme temperatures. They’re typically kept between 58-78 degrees. Especially in the South where humidity is an issue, climate-controlled storage units can really come in handy.
But how do you know when you need one?
Do you need a climate-controlled storage unit?
Items that fall into the following categories should be stored in a climate-controlled unit:
- Anything sensitive to extreme temperatures
- Anything that is prone to mold or mildew
- Anything that would be destroyed by moisture (think anything that can warp, deteriorate, crack, or even discolor)
- Anything designed to be stored at specific temperatures (you can find this on labels of items)
- Anything extremely valuable or rare, especially items like artwork
- Anything that expands or contracts in extreme heat
- Anything made of or containing wood, metal, upholstery, or leather
Click here for more details on items that should be stored in climate-controlled units.
We offer climate-controlled storage units at many of our locations and we’re here to help you feel confident in the safety of your items.